About the Company
IOPSYS develops IOWRT, an OpenWrt based carrier-grade software platform for Residential Gateways, WiFi Extenders and IoT Hubs. IOWRT provides its consumers with a hardware independent, modular and secure system with a comprehensive application and service development framework enabling its consumers to focus on building innovative services.
IOPSYS embraces open-source and contributes code to other open-source projects which enables our developers to get recognition for their work not only within our company but also in the wider community.
About the Role
As our Senior Embedded SW Engineer, you will develop and maintain code that will be used in controlling the hardware and software functions of the Residential Gateways and WiFi Extenders. The products powered by IOWRT comprise multiple technology domains such as Linux Kernel, Network (WiFi, DSL, VoIP, etc.), Containerization, Internet of Things and Cloud Management. You will take part in the full development process: function specification, design, coding, test automation and documentation.
We believe you are a versatile and pragmatic professional with a genuine interest in technology. You are interested in continuously updating your knowledge and improving your skills. In the role as embedded software engineer there will be great opportunities to utilize a multitude of skills, primarily software design and implementation but also profiling and optimization, troubleshooting, debug and trace, requirement analysis and more.
· Software development in Linux system (OpenWrt)
– C/C++ for embedded application and driver development
– BASH for startup and hot-plug scripts
– Python for Test Automation
· Debugging your own and others’ code
· Troubleshooting network and wireless problems
· Technical Documentation (English)
· Support architectural decisions
· Internal and external customer support
· MS or BS in Computer science or equivalent
· Solid understanding of Linux/Unix systems (OpenWrt is a merit)
· Experience with C/C++ programming in embedded systems like ARM, MIPS
· General network and wireless knowledge
· Very good English skills in speaking and writing
If you fit the description above, that’s great, but if also have the skills mentioned below, that’s even better!
· Experience with Linux Device Drivers and Bootloaders
· Experience with build environments such as Buildroot, OpenEmbedded, Yocto
· Experience in Python programming